Nuevo

Chrysanthose y Trapezouda

Chrysanthose y Trapezouda


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Chrysanthos fue un clérigo erudito que se hizo conocido por su ministerio eclesiástico y su acción nacional. En 1911, regresó a Estambul, donde fue nombrado secretario de archivo de la Gran Iglesia y editor en jefe de La verdad eclesiástica hasta 1913, cuando fue ordenado metropolitano de Trapezouda por el Patriarca Germanos.

Después de la declaración de guerra, Chrysanthos logró que todos los maestros y clérigos fueran excluidos del reclutamiento para que las escuelas e iglesias pudieran permanecer abiertas. También logró que los griegos fueran tratados de una manera mucho mejor y cancelara las decisiones, tomadas por los comandantes locales, con respecto a las evacuaciones de pueblos. Aunque se esforzó, no pudo evitar la sangrienta masacre del pueblo armenio, que estaba prevista para Trapezouda en junio de 1915.

Cuando, en 1916, las tropas rusas marcharon contra Trapezouda, el gobierno turco encargó a Chrysanthos la protección del pueblo turco que vivía en la región. Durante el período de las persecuciones, se realizaron muchos procesamientos en la periferia eclesiástica de Trapezouda, donde Chrysanthos había creado las condiciones de colaboración entre el mando eclesiástico y las autoridades políticas.

El humanitarismo y todas las demás virtudes de Chrysanthos también sobrevivieron durante la ocupación rusa con la hospitalización de miles de refugiados turcos en Trapezouda y su seguridad de la venganza de los soldados armenios del ejército ruso. Hay una canción escrita por los refugiados turcos de Trapezouda para Chrysanthos en la que muestran su agradecimiento.

Después de la Revolución de Octubre en Rusia, Chrysanthos mantuvo su presidencia en el gobierno temporal de Trapezouda y también fue asesor del soviet local. Finalmente, el Metropolitano jugó un papel importante en la limitación de la forma violenta en que los griegos que vivían en el campo fueron tratados por muchos irregulares turcos durante la otra conquista de Trapezouda (diciembre de 1918).

Con la reforma de la dominación turca, Chrysanthos logró renovar sus relaciones pacíficas con los gobernantes turcos. Después de la Primera Guerra Mundial, Chrysanthos fue enviado por el Patriarcado a París, a Londres y a San Remo en Italia como su representante de las negociaciones pacíficas. . En estas negociaciones Chrysanthos defendió valientemente los derechos de los griegos que vivían en Asia Menor y especialmente de los que vivían en Pontos. Luego, regresó a Trapezouda y fue a Tiflida, en Georgia, y luego a Erivan, en Armenia, para persuadir a las personas que vivían en Armenia de la necesidad de la formación de una federación greco-americana junto con la unión de Pontos con Armenia. Por esta acción, Chrysanthos fue condenado a muerte por los turcos.

Después de la destrucción de Asia Menor llegó a Atenas donde fue representante del Patriarcado. En 1938 fue elegido arzobispo de Atenas y de Grecia en su conjunto y estableció una actividad pastoral. Siguió siendo arzobispo de Atenas hasta 1941.

Chrysanthos también escribió muchos textos sobre religión y los publicó en La verdad eclesiástica y en la revista con el título Los Comninianos, que empezó a publicar en Trapezouda. Tras la persecución de las personas que vivían en Pontos, fue encargado de la presidencia de su comité en Atenas y con esta capacidad realizó la publicación anual de Archivo de Pontos, que recibió un premio de la Academia por el papel que desempeñó en la seguridad de valioso material histórico y folclórico. Para esta actividad, Chrysanthos realizó en este campo, se convirtió en doctor de la universidad de Atenas, en 1937, y en 1940 fue elegido académico.

Boulougouris Vasileios

V Liceo de Nueva Esmirna, Atenas


Fronteras en el entorno construido

Las afiliaciones del editor y los revisores son las últimas proporcionadas en sus perfiles de investigación de Loop y pueden no reflejar su situación en el momento de la revisión.


  • Descargar Articulo
    • Descargar PDF
    • ReadCube
    • EPUB
    • XML (NLM)
    • Suplementario
      Material
    • EndNote
    • Administrador de referencias
    • Archivo de TEXTO simple
    • BibTex


    COMPARTIR EN

    Historia

    Antes de 1990, Australia era un mercado próspero para la cerámica con fabricantes y estudios esparcidos por todo el país con muchas escuelas que enseñaban cerámica. Así que la industria estaba llena de entusiasmo, sin embargo, la mayoría de los productos de esmalte de calidad para usuarios novatos eran importados y siempre escaseaban.

    Por esta época, Ray, Ang Ardolino y Tony Crisafi formaron una empresa llamada Ceramic Solutions con el objetivo de desarrollar productos en Australia para abastecer el mercado local.

    El desarrollo de productos para el mercado progresó de manera constante y, a mediados de la década de 1990 y # 8217, la empresa tenía varias gamas de colores en el mercado.

    Los productos ganaron un mercado compartido rápidamente en los mercados de aficionados, alfareros y fabricantes de productos terminados y se suministraron en toda Australia a través de una red de distribuidores. La marca llegó incluso a tener distribuidores en Hong Kong y Singapur.

    A medida que la empresa creció, empleó a más personas, incluida una artista a tiempo parcial, Christine Dehn.

    Desafortunadamente, este crecimiento no continuó ya que el mercado a mediados de los 90 y # 8217 comenzó a cambiar con el cierre de muchas fábricas y estudios. Este fue un fenómeno mundial en ese momento.

    1995 al 2000

    Para 1995, la empresa había alcanzado su punto máximo y, a medida que el mercado cambiaba, también lo hacía la base de clientes con más cierres que aquellos que abrían, lo que indicaba un claro declive en el mercado.

    Alrededor de 1998, la empresa contrató a un profesional de ventas / marketing a tiempo completo en un intento de detener y revertir la tendencia a la disminución de las ventas aumentando la participación de las empresas en un mercado en declive tanto en Australia como en el extranjero.

    Con mucha perseverancia, la empresa aumentó su cuota de mercado y amplió su red de ventas para incluir Europa y Nueva Zelanda hasta finales de 2000, donde un rápido deterioro del mercado comenzó a afectar drásticamente el rendimiento de la empresa.

    También fue en este momento cuando la empresa se separó del comercializador.

    Durante su existencia, el único mercado que eludió a la empresa fue el de la educación. Este mercado requería algo muy especial para atraer la atención de los profesores.

    La respuesta fue poder ofrecer algo multidisciplinario que estuviera centrado en el arte y utilizara los productos de la empresa.

    Fue a finales de 2000, en una reunión entre Tony y Christine, que nació el concepto del proyecto de la rueda de colores.

    Se concibió una rueda de colores que se parecía a un iris con instrucciones que los estudiantes seguirían para producir la rueda de colores en arcilla y luego pintarla con esmaltes Ceramic Solutions.

    Posteriormente, Christine hizo el primer prototipo de arcilla y colores acrílicos de Ceramic Solutions siguiendo un diseño que Tony había especificado. ¡El resultado fue impresionante!

    La primera rueda de color completa se encuentra en el escritorio de Tony. Un día, Adrian, Tony y su hijo de 9 años, llenos de curiosidad, comenzaron a jugar con la rueda. Esta acción creó historia como nunca antes se había jugado con esta forma y catapultó el proyecto de la rueda de color simple a un reino completamente diferente.

    Después de haber preparado todo el material, Tony y Christine asistieron a una conferencia de artes de la escuela en la que se presentó a los maestros la rueda de colores como el Proyecto de morfología de la rueda de colores.

    Los maestros que conocieron el Proyecto de Morfología de la Rueda de Color expresaron interés, sin embargo, aún no estaba empaquetado de una manera que fuera comercialmente viable. Entonces, la pregunta fue cómo empaquetarlo y comercializarlo adecuadamente.

    Durante los siguientes 6 meses, se invirtió un esfuerzo considerable en experimentar con la rueda de colores y su verdadero poder comenzó a emerger. De una forma, jugada por diferentes personas, emanaron muchos diseños y se acuñó el lema “Una forma, muchas mentes, infinitas posibilidades”.


    Regla trapezoidal

    dónde Fmetro = F(a + mh), h = (B & ndash a)/norte, y metro = 0, 1, . . . ., norte.

    El uso de la regla trapezoidal puede entenderse en términos geométricos considerando la integral definida I como expresando el área bajo la curva y = F(X) de X = a para X = B& mdash, es decir, el área de la región delimitada por el segmento en el X-eje entre los puntos a y B, las perpendiculares a la X-eje en estos puntos (las longitudes de las perpendiculares están dadas por las ordenadas F0 y Fnorte), y la gráfica de F(X). Al aplicar la regla trapezoidal, reemplazamos esta área por la suma de las áreas de los trapezoides cuyas longitudes de base están dadas por los pares de ordenadas Fmetro, Fmetro + 1 (metro = 0, 1, . . ., norte & ndash 1).

    El error resultante del uso de la regla trapezoidal es

    dónde a & le & xi & le B. Las fórmulas de mayor precisión para la evaluación aproximada de integrales definidas se discuten en INTEGRACIÓN APROXIMADA.


    Los grandes proyectos del siglo XVII

    No fue hasta el reinado de Luis XIV que se emprendieron grandes proyectos para paisajizar los alrededores del castillo.

    El Rey Sol ordenó la plantación de jardines formales franceses frente a la gran fachada del edificio. Jules Hardouin-Mansart y su agencia propusieron dos proyectos al rey. Uno presentaba un área en forma de medio hexágono en el lado noreste del castillo y establos plantados con tres jardines triangulares y bordeados por el río Cosson canalizado en un lado. El castillo estaba rodeado de amplios fosos. Al frente, el parterre continuaba con dos parterres y el río Cosson se canalizaba en forma de media luna. El segundo proyecto, aunque bastante similar, presentó un diseño de canal menos geométrico. El camino del Cosson estaba regulado pero seguía las curvas de su curso original. Los parterres ocupaban los mismos espacios norte y este pero en menos área (ya no ocupaban el área detrás de los establos). Su forma también difería ligeramente, particularmente al norte donde su estructura parecía trapezoidal. Fue el segundo proyecto que se implementó parcialmente, como lo demuestran los levantamientos geofísicos realizados en 2014.

    La primera fase de los proyectos, iniciada alrededor de 1684, consistió en inclinar la tierra alrededor del monumento para elevarlo a un nivel que se inundaría menos, o nada. Luego se construyeron muros de contención para rodear esta terraza artificial, primero en el lado del foso del castillo y luego en los extremos oeste y sureste. Finalmente, se acometió la canalización del Cosson para seguir los contornos del parterre.

    La estructura actual del espacio fue tomando forma gradualmente. Sin embargo, el trabajo se detuvo rápidamente.


    2011 | Misión a Capadocia

    Un viaje a las inolvidables tierras de Capadocia y el Mar Negro solo puede marcar un viaje emocionante. Es la combinación del aura oriental, la tradición griega, las intensas experiencias históricas de nuestra raza y la ortodoxia que dejan su testimonio en estos amados lugares en todas partes.

    La Fundación del Helenismo Ecuménico cumplió mi deseo duradero de visitar estos lugares en peregrinación con el viaje que organizaron del 22 al 30 de junio de 2011 en Capadocia y las Regiones del Mar Negro.

    El viaje comienza con una escena inesperada para la temporada. Al llegar al aeropuerto de Kayseri, nos enfrentamos a una montaña nevada. Nuestros guías, Ekrem (de los pueblos pomak de Ksanthi) y Sophia (uno de los griegos restantes de Constantinopla) no tardan en explicar que la montaña Argos, que se encuentra ante nosotros, es un volcán, siempre cubierto de nieve y además con el otro volcán, Hassan, se entiende cómo se crea el paisaje a lo largo de Capadocia.

    Buscando información sobre Capadocia, se nos informa que existen muchas opiniones sobre la etimología del nombre (Capadocia), siendo la predominante que el nombre griego tiene sus raíces en el persa Catpatouka, es decir, el país de los hermosos caballos. De hecho, en nuestro recorrido nos encontramos con estatuas de caballos dispersas que defendían esta opinión.

    Capadocia es una de las áreas más grandes del este de Asia Menor, y el primero de los historiadores en mencionarla es Herodoto. Sus habitantes, los Capadocios, debieron establecerse allí después del 1600 aC, cuando todavía era el estado hitita, siendo su capital Hattusa (donde se encontraron la mayoría de los monumentos). Su sumisión siguió a los persas, los macedonios y los romanos. Alejandro Magno respetó la autonomía de Capadocia y la mantuvo hasta su muerte, cuando sus sucesores la capturaron y se la entregaron a Eumenes (322 aC). En 315 a. C. la ciudad fue capturada por Antígono el Monoftalmo, pero después de la batalla de Ipsos fue sometida al estado seléucida. Rápidamente recuperó su autonomía. Posteriormente, Mitrídates VI del Ponto se enfrentó a Roma, llevando a cabo tres guerras (Guerras Mitrídatas). Luego, los romanos se apoderaron del estado de Capadocia transformándolo en una provincia romana. Mark Anthony le dio el trono a Arquelao de Capadocia, un erudito y escritor.

    En el siglo I d.C., se completa la helenización de esta región. En este espíritu, se sitúan centros notables del cristianismo como Cesarea, el primero en la jerarquía y prestigio de la Metrópoli del Patriarcado de Constantinopla. Las ciudades más conocidas que son famosas en este momento son: Ariathamia (sobre el río Saros), Tavia (Gozgat), Nissa, Mokisos (sobre el río Aly), Arabisos, Colonia, Iraklia y Nazianzos. En el 3ro-5to c. florecen la educación y la literatura. En Capadocia, los grandes Padres de la Iglesia, Fermelianos de Cesarea, Gregorio de Neo Cesarea, Leoncio y Eusebio de Cesarea, Basilios el Grande, Gregory Nazianzinos y Gregory Nissis (hermano de Great Basilios), se pueden distinguir en el santuario. El poder y la fuerza ejecutiva de los metropolitanos de Cesarea era tan grande que eran líderes en todos los movimientos políticos y religiosos. El propósito de cada metropolitano era promover la alfabetización y las instituciones sensuales, haciendo de toda Capadocia un centro rápido de toda la acción religiosa y educativa, preservada durante siglos. En la época del Gran Constantino, Capadocia se unió al Ponto y constituyó un pequeño estado. Los emperadores de Bizancio, reconociendo la posición estratégica y la importancia del país en la defensa del imperio, lo convirtieron en un gran centro militar. Además, en Capadocia, Justiniano ganó el ejército contra los persas y Heraclio cuando derrotó a Khosrow II (623). Sin embargo, finalmente sucumbió bajo el peso de repetidos ataques árabes. Capadocia fue reconquistada por el Imperio Bizantino en el siglo X.

    A finales del siglo XI. Capadocia fue sometida a los turcos selyúcidas y, en el siglo XIII, a los turcos otomanos. Después de la ocupación otomana y debido a que el país no era tan fértil, la inmigración de cristianos comenzó con tres puestos de avanzada principales: hacia Mersin y de allí a Alejandría, a Constantinopla y Esmirna y a Amisos. Con el tiempo y con el desarrollo del transporte en Asia Menor, una serie de comunidades prósperas comenzaron a surgir a lo largo de las rutas mencionadas, de las cuales surgieron grandes comerciantes, banqueros e incluso funcionarios gubernamentales, los conocidos Kayserlides. En el siglo XIX se inició un nuevo comienzo para el elemento greco-cristiano y los estudios griegos en Capadocia.

    En nuestro viaje a Cesarea, la ciudad de San Basilios, nos impresionó el imponente castillo bizantino (Ic Kale) de Justiniano. Buscando las huellas de la famosa & # 8220Basílica & # 8221 de este estado caritativo fundado por el gran San Basilios, obispo de Cesarea, nos dieron un área en una colina muy cerca de la ciudad, huellas que no sobreviven en la actualidad. En el mercado de Cesarea (compuesto por un tramo cerrado y otro abierto), donde nos llevaban las narices, ya que el olor a pastrami era especialmente intenso. En nuestro recorrido también nos encontramos con la primera iglesia ortodoxa de nuestro viaje, San Nikolaos. Faltaba la cruz de la cúpula y hoy & # 8217s uso es & # 8230 ¡un gimnasio! Llenos de imágenes del primer día, tomamos el camino a Ugrup-Saint Prokopios, como se menciona en las listas episcopales de Leodos Sofos & # 8211 donde también pasaríamos la noche.

    Durante nuestro recorrido, en el segundo día del viaje, vimos que Capadocia es un museo interminable de esculturas de lava natural. La naturaleza es la creadora: los cerros volcánicos, las rocas que emergieron, y especialmente la piedra caliza blanda, la erosión de las inclemencias del tiempo en la meseta y la ausencia de madera. Parte humana: Con las rocas volcánicas más duras como herramientas, con arte y pasión, fueron llevados a cavar cuevas para usar como hogar y protección. Protección de cada raza de asaltantes que, a lo largo de los siglos, cruzaron y saquearon Asia Menor.
    Algunos de nosotros disfrutamos de la emocionante experiencia del amanecer, volando con globos aerostáticos sobre estas formaciones volcánicas.

    Nuestra visita a Goreme nos dejó sin palabras, ya que nos encontramos frente a un gran estado monástico de iglesias excavadas en las rocas. St. Zoumboulakis, Director de la revista “New Hestia”, en un discurso suyo en el Centro de Estudios Menores de Asia (21-6-2006), nos informa que & # 8220 & # 8230 uno de los tesoros de este lugar (de Capadocia) la más preciosa, es que hay más de doscientas iglesias señoriales & # 8211 otras aún están por salir a la luz & # 8211 que, divididas en tres grandes grupos, se distribuyen geográficamente de la siguiente manera: a. Valle de Goreme, segundo valle de Soganli y tercer valle de Ihlara & # 8220. Atravesando el Valle de Goreme, nos encontramos frente a decenas de iglesias, capillas y monasterios bizantinos que reunían a los fieles hasta el siglo XIII. La existencia de instalaciones para banquetes en muchos de ellos atestigua el comienzo de la vida monástica organizada. G. Lorenzatos, en el prefacio de G. Seferis & # 8217s book & # 8220Three Days in the Monasteries of Cappadocia & # 8221, escribe: & # 8220Casi en todas partes en las paredes de los monasterios construidos en piedra, hay una inscripción & # 8221 ¡Dios ayude! & # 8220. Los años de San Basilios caen en el siglo IV d.C. y las redadas continúan durante muchos siglos después. En tiempos difíciles, los monjes obstruyen las puertas de los monasterios con piedras gruesas. Las olas y las olas están golpeando Capadocia desde todas partes, los ocupantes salvajes y secuestradores con todos los medios de esa época & # 8230 y los fieles no tienen dónde escapar excepto en las cuevas y la tierra. Tan pronto como un motín se calma, otro se sumerge, y otro ... y otro ... & # 8221.

    Visitamos varias iglesias, a las que se les dio nombres inusuales. Ekrem, nuestro compañero, nos informó que la iglesia, que tenía al Arcángel Miguel en la hagiografía sosteniendo el mundo, se llamaba & # 8220La Iglesia del manzano & # 8221 porque se creía que el globo (mundo) ilustrado era una manzana. Del mismo modo, las iglesias de & # 8220the serpiente & # 8221, & # 8220the Sandals & # 8221, & # 8220the Stephans & # 8221, & # 8220the Swords & # 8221 fueron nombradas por la misma forma de pensar. Pinturas murales-pinturas al fresco se conservan en muy buenas condiciones, todos los jeroglíficos conocidos & # 8220circles & # 8221, que muestran los eventos de la vida de Cristo, la Virgen María y muchos santos. Nos impresionó la & # 8220Dark Church, & # 8221 cuyas hagiografías están mejor conservadas, con un color azul particularmente brillante, con una variedad de actuaciones. Después de su victoria sobre los árabes, el emperador Nikiforos Fokas construyó una iglesia tallada, que también visitamos.

    Continuando nuestro viaje, viajamos a través de Aly, el río más largo de Asia Menor, y nuestro líder de equipo, Ekrem, nos recordó la historia de Creso y Solón, que está asociada con la región. A orillas del río Aly se encuentra una hermosa ciudad bizantina, Avanos, famosa por su cerámica. Vimos el monumento relativo al alfarero y # 8217s.

    En nuestro camino, vimos el impresionante Uchisar, la enorme roca que parecía una colmena desde la distancia, con sus numerosas cuevas habitadas. Nos tomamos un momento para admirar el paisaje y tomar fotografías conmemorativas.

    Nuestro recorrido, el mismo día, finalizó con nuestra visita a la ciudad de Mustafapasa, una antigua ciudad bizantina, con signos distintivos de griego y ortodoxia. Muchas mansiones con inscripciones griegas y dos iglesias bien conservadas (San Constantino y Elena y los Grandes Basilios) revelan el próspero helenismo griego de la ciudad. Pasamos por el Templo de San Constantino y Elena, también metropolitana, una basílica de tres naves construida según su inscripción en 1729 con muchos elementos decorativos en su interior y exterior. Frente a la iglesia se conserva, no en buen estado, la casa del sacerdote, cuya fachada (como en muchas otras casas griegas) tenía talladas figuras bizantinas alrededor de las puertas y ventanas. Visitamos una mansión griega que el actual propietario transformó en hotel y restaurante, subimos a las habitaciones con las viejas mesas bajas, los hermosos cuadros, los techos de colores, y salimos al patio, frente a las casas griegas que nos rodean, nos adentramos en el pasado. ¿Cómo sería la vida cuando todas estas mansiones estuvieran en su mejor momento? ¡Estábamos confundidos por el olor de las flores en las macetas con el de la cocina griega de Asia Menor y las cortinas limpias y encaladas en las ventanas! ¿Cuántas historias hemos escuchado, cuántas hemos leído, sobre las tareas domésticas y la suerte de las mujeres en Asia Menor?

    El tercer día del viaje fue igualmente impresionante. Pasando desde Nevsehir, la capital de Capadocia, nos informaron de la existencia de una iglesia para la Asunción de la Virgen, que fue utilizada como prisión desde 1924 hasta 1982 cuando se construyó un edificio carcelario en la zona. Pasamos de la ciudad de Gora, que nunca fue habitada por turcos porque la consideraban un pueblo fantasma embrujado por su violento abandono por parte de sus habitantes griegos.

    Nuestro rumbo continuó hacia Malakopi. De la etimología de la palabra llegamos a conclusiones seguras al respecto. Mala + kopi significa que es un gran problema. En efecto, debido a los frecuentes allanamientos, surgió la necesidad de que cada vivienda tuviera otro espacio debajo como un sótano, para que la familia pudiera permanecer a salvo hasta que expirara el peligro. Con el tiempo y debido a que la permanencia en estas áreas subterráneas duró lo suficiente, las casas subterráneas se unieron mediante pasillos, lo que resultó en la creación de ciudades subterráneas. Nos enteramos de que en la zona de Capadocia se han encontrado 36 ciudades subterráneas, que se consideran maravillas constructivas. Algunos tienen hasta 8 pisos que se fueron creando de forma progresiva. Vimos el punto desde donde partía la vía aérea central que subía hasta el último piso y se comunicaba horizontalmente con cada piso por separado, de tal manera que se aseguraba el oxígeno en todos los espacios. Por lo tanto, los residentes estuvieron a salvo en las ciudades subterráneas mientras continuaran las redadas. La temperatura es la misma en invierno y en verano. Muchos de nosotros bajamos a las 30 a. M. Mientras los más valientes intentaban descender hasta los 80 m. En cualquier caso, fue una experiencia especial. Bajando al primer piso, nos encontramos con establos de animales, que razonablemente existían en el primer nivel, considerando la dificultad para mover animales grandes y el hedor de sus impurezas. En los pisos inferiores, a excepción de las casas, encontramos pozos, salas de reuniones, una iglesia e incluso un cementerio.

    Antes de salir de Malakopi, tuvimos la oportunidad de visitar el templo de San Teodoro. Nos impresionó su tamaño, la influencia armenia en su arte y la enredadera en relieve en la entrada principal. En su interior vivimos el abandono: pájaros volaban sobre nuestras cabezas, paredes de madera rotas y suelos podridos, imágenes descoloridas y basura por todas partes. Dos hagiografías en mejor estado de la Anunciación y la imponente forma de Jesucristo en la cúpula, lograron por un tiempo eliminar nuestros malos sentimientos.

    El viaje continuó por Kaymakli, lugar de origen de una compañera de viaje, que permaneció allí el resto del día, buscando el hogar de sus antepasados. Sus únicos suministros eran una fotografía vieja y la información de su abuela, que ya no está viva. Debo mencionar aquí, que entre nosotros hubo muchos que buscaron sus raíces en Capadocia o en Ponto, siguiendo este viaje no por placer sino principalmente por una peregrinación-promesa a los lugares de nacimiento de sus antepasados, un cumplimiento del debido honor por parte de de la generación más joven a sus antepasados. Agradecemos a esos compañeros de viaje por permitirnos, aunque sea por un tiempo, compartir sus emociones y experiencias.

    Al tercer día, realizamos un recorrido por Ihlara Vadisi con sus docenas de iglesias y hermosa naturaleza. Bajamos los 380 escalones que conducen al desfiladero, caminamos a lo largo del río Melendi y adoramos al asceta de San Gregorio el Teólogo y las otras iglesias rupestres que existían allí.

    El tercer día se completó con nuestra visita a otra maravillosa ciudad griega, Guzelyurt, la ciudad más importante del suroeste de Capadocia. El templo de San Gregorio de Nazianzenos, lamentablemente, se ha convertido en una mezquita. La reliquia del santo, que solía estar allí, ahora se guarda en Nea Karvali en Kavala, donde los refugiados capadocios la transportaron con el intercambio de poblaciones en 1924. También vimos la escuela de niñas griegas & # 8217, que hoy funciona como un hotel. La energía de la activa comunidad griega en la región no se puede esconder detrás del “rostro” descuidado de la ciudad actual. Un hecho alentador para el futuro de la ciudad de Karvali es su reciente establecimiento como ciudad preservada. Dejando atrás las colinas de Karvali, nos encontramos frente a un paisaje idílico. Un lago magnífico, y junto a él una colina, en la cima de la cual domina una iglesia, la católica del otrora Monasterio de la Santa Ascensión.

    El sábado 25 de junio estaba programado nuestro viaje por carretera desde Capadocia a Ponto. Antes de partir, sin embargo, pasamos por el establo donde vivía San Juan el Ruso después de su captura por los turcos. Soldado del Gran Ejército Zarista de Rusia, San Juan, en una lucha por defender su tierra natal, Rusia, es capturado y conducido a Constantinopla y de allí a Prokopi en Capadocia. Sufrió torturas físicas y mentales con notable valentía, hasta que finalmente llegó a ser querido incluso por sus perseguidores. Finalmente murió, después de las penurias que había sufrido. La reliquia milagrosa fue llevada por los fieles a Grecia, con el intercambio de las poblaciones y desde 1925 se conserva en Neo Prokopi, Evia, donde se construyó un templo sagrado en su honor. En el antiguo barrio griego de Prokopi en Capadocia, con las casas cueva, se conservan los establos donde vivía San Juan, así como la cama que él mismo talló en la pared.

    En cuanto a la ciudad moderna de Prokopi, está particularmente bien conservada, con baldosas pavimentadas, muchos parterres y una hermosa plaza, en la que se encuentra una antigua iglesia griega que hoy, lamentablemente, funciona como hamam. Mientras caminábamos por las calles de Prokopi vimos bonitas tiendas que vendían: té de varios sabores, decoraciones del paisaje volcánico de Capadocia, nueces y especias. Capadocia es particularmente conocida por su industria de alfombras, por eso vimos tantas tiendas de alfombras. Era fácil ver, mirando por las ventanas, a los artesanos que elaboraban las famosas alfombras hechas a mano.
    Con nuestras maletas llenas de “impresiones” y “sentimientos” salimos de Capadocia y viajamos unas 8 horas en autocar hasta Ponto.

    Nuestro destino fue inicialmente Samsun, el bizantino Amis. El Mar Euxino o el Mar Negro (Kara Deniz) fue impresionante. Fue nombrado eufemísticamente Mar Negro (mar hospitalario), de hecho Axenus, porque siempre ha sido salvaje y tormentoso. Es una gran costa cerrada entre Europa y Asia Menor. Alrededor del Mar Negro se encuentran Rusia, Rumania, Bulgaria y Turquía. Se conecta con el mar Mediterráneo a través del Bósforo y el mar de Mármara y el mar de Azov a través de Kerch Ishma. El agua estaba marrón por los ríos que desembocan allí de todos los países de alrededor.

    Samsun, el hogar de los matemáticos Dimitrios y Dionysodoros, fue inicialmente llamado Amisos por los habitantes de Mileto en el siglo VII a. C. Etimológicamente, el término deriva de la expresión & # 8220 en Amison, S’Amison, Samsun & # 8221. Más tarde, Amisus perteneció al Reino de Ponto, que más tarde fue parte del Gran Imperio de Alejandría. En el 47 a. C. pasó a ser propiedad del Imperio Romano, en el 1200 d. C. los turcos selyúcidas se hicieron cargo y finalmente en el siglo XV pasó a ser propiedad del Imperio Otomano. Era el puerto más comercial de la costa sur del Mar Negro, un centro comercial de tránsito, con ricas cosechas de cereales y tabaco. A mediados del siglo XIX, el 60% del comercio del tabaco estaba en manos de los griegos, lo que los convertía, junto con los grandes comerciantes, en los más ricos de los habitantes. El resto de los griegos eran tenderos, artesanos, médicos, abogados, etc. Nos encontramos frente a las ruinas de tres fábricas de tabaco en la ciudad, que, como nos dijeron, serán restauradas después de un permiso emitido por la Municipalidad de Samsun. . Su población es de unos 400.000 habitantes según el censo de 2004.

    Durante nuestro recorrido por Samsun caminamos hasta la zona griega y vimos mansiones antiguas, otras conservadas y otras no. Chinekio, un complejo escolar bien conservado, que se utilizó como escuela solo para niños, solo para niñas y jardín de infancia. El complejo contaba con el famoso templo de la Santísima Trinidad, que, sin embargo, ha sido destruido desde sus cimientos. La Orquesta Filarmónica de Samsun era famosa. Caminamos por la Plaza del Reloj y finalmente nos dirigimos al Museo Arqueológico de la ciudad.

    Al acercarnos al mercado interior de Samsun, nos sorprendió ver un cartel enorme que cubre un lado del edificio. Presenta Samsun a principios del siglo XX y Kemal. En la parte inferior del cartel hay una clara referencia al 19 de mayo de 1919, cuando Kemal Pasha (más tarde llamado Ataturk, que significa & # 8221 Turk Generator & # 8221), un oficial del ejército otomano, desembarcó en Samsun con el mandato de proteger el Residentes otomanos, es decir, también griegos y armenios, de las masacres del ejército. En cambio, Kemal se volvió autónomo del gobierno central y creó el movimiento nacionalista, cuya principal preocupación era la represión de la guerrilla de Pontiac. Después de las guerras de los Balcanes y especialmente con el comienzo de la Primera Guerra Mundial, la decisión otomana de resolver finalmente el problema nacional del Imperio con el exterminio natural de las etnias indígenas comenzó gradualmente y por diversos medios, haciéndose realidad. Se informa que Amisus pagó la factura de sangre más alta, ya que se llevaron a cabo nueve misiones de desplazamiento masivo hasta septiembre de 1921, que junto con los supuestos Tribunales de Arbitraje de Amasia, propiciaron su exterminio espiritual y económico.

    El segundo día de nuestro viaje a Ponto estuvo dedicado a la ciudad mártir de Amasia. Amasia es una hermosa ciudad a 70 km al sur de Samsun, construida a ambas orillas del río Iris. Homeland of the ancient Greek geographer Strabo, whose statue we saw on the banks of the river. In the same area, there were massive busts of sultans who attended the Amasia schools. There was the temptation to send the children of the sultans, the princes, to get high education and a selective administrative experience. The sources report that at the beginning of the 20th century, the Greek element of the area numbered 155,000 inhabitants in 392 parishes with equal churches and 325 schools where 10,000 students attended and 565 teachers taught. It was also the head of the Metropolis. The name of this city has been linked to the terrible torture suffered by the Turks by the Greeks of the Pontus in prison. Between January 1921 and 1923, hundreds of Greeks, many of them distinguished in the economic life of Pontus, passed from the so-called “white cells”. In September 1921, teachers and students of the Hellenic American College of Merzifounda were hanged. On the same day, Turkish courts condemned to death, without apology, 180 other Pontiac Patriots. More than 70 people were hung from the Turks in the central square.
    The carved tombs of the Mithridateus Kings on the slopes of the mountains north of the city, are impressive. We visited the archaeological museum, walked through the old Greek neighborhoods, with the “ghost houses” and finally took the opportunity for tea and souvenir shopping. The city’s population today is about 80,000.

    The next day, we set off for Trabzon. An impressive journey along the Black Sea coastline, with the rough sea on our left and the verdant landscape on our right, combined with the gray sky of Pontus – that as we found out, is like that 300 of the 365 days of the year.

    We met the homeland of the Amazons and the Black Sea, which was near the river Thermodontas. On our way we came across Unye, Fatsa, and visited Yasun burnu. Jason on his way to Kolchida (today Georgia) may have found a storm in the alien sea and rested in this cape. Here he built a temple dedicated to Zeus. Later on the Monastery of Saint Nikolas was built o these ruins, the monks of which have undertaken the commencement of the maintenance of the adjacent lighthouse. Nowadays, the deserted church of Saint Nicolas, which we were allowed to enter, is preserved. Close to the temple there is a newer marble slab with references to the Argonautic Campaign, which portrays Jason grabing the golden fleece.

    Afterwards we stopped at the known by the Descendants of Xenophon, Kotiora (Ordu). During our visit to the temple of Ypapanti I personally experienced some of the most moving moments of the trip. In the front of the temple, there were photographs that referred to earlier times when the church was used as a prison. Moving into the main part of the temple, our hearts began to strike stronger when we saw a hall of events and a piano in the place of the Holy Trinity.While on the sides of the sanctuary, where the icons of Archangels Michael and Gabriel prevailed, a huge Turkish flag and a poster of Kemal Ataturk. With such a disappointment, we walked out towards the yard when an unexpected scene was awaiting us. A poetic lyricist gulled our sorrow with his melodic Pontiac lyre. In our effort to manage the mixed feelings of joy and sadness, a sympathetic, obviously excited fellow traveler, who was from Kerasounta spontaneously started dancing. Immediately he was followed by others, composing a unique setting that surely stayed deeply engraved in our memory: the lyre player sitting on a bench in the courtyard of the temple, a team of tearful dancers, a crowd of excited people clapping at a pace, while in front of us a beautiful seaside town, and the Black Sea. Later on, we walked to the old Greek town and saw the Polycarpio School.

    After our trip, always on the coastline, we visited Kerasounta
    (Giresun). We generally heard that the name comes from the cherries that thrived in the area, but from our guide we heard another version, that it was named after the city’s shape that grows like a horn on the Black Sea coast. In Kerasounta, which was founded in the 2nd century BC, there is a Byzantine castle, while at the bottom of the harbor we see an islet known as the Amazon Island. In the 19th century, it became the economic center of the region, relying mainly on the trade and cultivation of hazelnuts. We visited the church of St. Nicholas, which operates as a museum. Next to it there was a storage room for the needs of the church and opposite, the house of the priest. In the mist, there was a girls’ school nearby. Kerasounta, a city with a naval tradition, had a number of major ship-owner companies and bank branches: Ottoman, Athens and Georgios Pissanis.

    We continued our journey through Tripoli (Tirebolu) and Akcaabat to reach Trabzon. We recalled the descent of the Ksenophonian Myrians, and in particular the army of the Spartans, when, after 18 months of exhaustion, returning from Kounaksa, traced the sea of Trebizond and shouted: “Thalatta, thalatta”.

    The historic capital of Pontus, Trebizond, owes its name to the trapezoidal shape of the hills on which it is built on, at the northern foothills of the Alps. It was founded in 756 BC, as a trading station in Sinope and has enjoyed great prosperity until its conquest by the Romans. During the reign of Emperor Justinian I, it becomes of particular importance, as it becomes the basis of the Byzantines in the Black Sea Region in their struggles against the Persians. At the same time, both in the city and in the wider area of ​​Trebizond, walls and an aqueduct are being built. In the 7th century in his autobiography the Armenian Ananias Sirakinos informs us that at that time the city was a major spiritual center with a mathematics and astronomy school. In the 10th century, the commercial importance of Trebizond takes off and the city becomes the prime destination for the merchants of the precious commodities (silk, myra and paints) of the East. Fifty years later, after the Byzantine defeat in Matzikert, in 1071, Pontus was severely challenged by the persistent Seljuk attacks and the city had to be found for a short time in their possession. Saint Theodore Gavras was a general and liberator of Trebizond, establishing independent hegemony. In 1098 he martyred in Theodosioupolis for the Christian faith. The Gavras family will dominate the political scene of the region during the critical period until the end of the 12th century.

    After the fall of Constantinople by the Franks (1204), the Komnenos state was established in Pontus, the city known as the Empire of Trebizond and its symbol was the one headed eagle. Its founders were the grandsons of the Byzantine emperor Andronikos I Komnenos, Alexius and David. The end of it, however, came in 1461 when David Komnenos delivered the city to Muhammad II. The city still retains its medieval character, as large parts of the walls and the Great Komnenos Palace are preserved.
    Among the most famous of Pontus, who excelled from the 13th to the 16th century, were Bessarion, Georgios Amiroutzis, Georgios Chrysokokis and Gennadios the Trebizond.

    The 19th century was a period of impressive growth for Trebizond in the fields of economy, education and community organization. The city had a theater, three cinemas, and the Greek community had a large nuber of social organizations and associations. At the beginning of the 20th century the population was estimated at around 50,000 (15,000 Greeks, 4,000 Armenians, 600 Europeans and the rest, Turks). During the First World War, in 1916, the city was occupied for almost two years by the Russian army. At the same time, the presence of many diplomatic missions prevented the new-Turkish plans of persecution. In addition to the metropolitan throne of the city, there was a great hierarch, Chrysanthos Philippidis (1913-1925), later Archbishop of Athens (1938-1941), who played an important role in one of the most critical periods of the Pontiac Hellenism and, on the other hand, as a top ecclesiastic man for his spiritual work and ethos. The appreciation of the Turkish authorities towards him and the prudence with which he ruled Trebizond during the Russian occupation prevented reprisals against the Greeks when the Russian troops left the city in 1918. Later, however, the Pontiac element along with Hellenism and the element of Asia Minor underwent terrible persecutions. The results of the war, which must have been counted and mistakenly manipulated by metropolitan Greece, were known in our collective memory as an Asia Minor Disaster, which was sealed with the Treaty of Lausanne (July 24, 1923). As far as Pontus is concerned, the Hellenic Parliament unanimously in 1994 recognized the genocide of Pontian Hellenism and established it as a day of remembrance on May 19th. According to the historian Costas Fotiadis who studied the archives of diplomatic missions in Pontus “out of the 697,000 Pontiacs who lived in the Pontus in 1913 more than 353,000, more than 50%, died by 1923 by the Turks and the Kemalists in towns and villages, exiles and prisons, labor battles, the so-called “amele tabourou”, which were death battalions. & # 8221

    Walking through the city of Trebizond, we passed through the church of Saint Anne. It is the oldest church that is preserved in Trebizond, but cannot be visited. A three-aisled basilica of the 7th century that, according to an inscription above the entrance, was renovated in 884-885 by the Byzantine emperor Basilios A. We were informed that it is used by the Municipality, mostly believed, as a warehouse.

    In the list of the city’s sights, we should not leave out Gülbahar Hatun’s mausoleum. Gülbahar (the Spring of Rhodes) was Greek from the village of Libera of Pontus, known for her exceptional beauty, which later became husband of the sultan Bayezid II.

    The walls of Trebizon are still preserved in a good condition despite the great disasters they have suffered over the years. Their story is interwoven with that of the city. The walled city consists of three sections distinctly different from each other, a phenomenon particularly common in Byzantine cities. The upper part, the acropolis, the Byzantine Castle, usually enclosed the city’s administrative center. The Middle, Upper or Middle Country was the residence of the rulers, while the third, lower section, which was usually tilled later, after population growth, was intended for the rest of the city’s inhabitants. Going from “Exokastron” to the middle city, one finds himself in the area where the temple of Mother Mary Chrysokefali dominates, which we visited. Built on an ancient Roman temple, it has been converted into a mosque since 1461 and was the metropolitan temple of the MegaKomninoi – where the emperors’ coronations were also carried out.

    Nearby, outside the walls of Trebizond, is the Church of Saint Sophia (13th century). Composite cruciform engraved with dome, narthex and three impressive propels. The bell tower dominates. It was built by Manouil Komninos in the area, where once the ancient temple of Apollo existed. In the exterior dominates the one headed eagle, emblem of the empire. Indicative of the beginnings of the new Empire of the Komninoi, as part of the hagiography, are at least two representations of Christ in the temple. The way in which the elements of architectural shaping, painting, mosaic and sculpture decoration are combined could be described as unusual and perhaps unique because of the coexistence of disparate influences from the West and East. Part of the mosaics and hagiographies of the church’s main worship space have been preserved to this day. Literary sources of the 14th century mention “the monastery of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Saint Sophia”. The funerary function of the monument is evident in the formation of the monument, which is presumed by the burial niches and tombstones housed on the temple’s precinct.

    On the hillside of Trebizond there is a green suburb, Kryoneri. There we were impressed by the Kapayannidis villa. We went up to the two floors of the building with the many rooms and we admired the beautiful overlooking, colorful of the varieties of flowers, gardens. We had the pleasure of a descendant of the Kapagiannidis family accompanying us. Afterwards we visited the mansion of banker, Kostas Theophylaktos. A special scene was carved in my memory: the wonderful dance hall with the beautiful, elevated space for the orchestra and the imposing glass vault, which discreetly allowed the light to diffuse, giving a dreamy, and fairy tale sense to the room.

    During our tour in Trebizond, we were particularly impressed by the “Hellenic School of Trebizond”, also known as “Lighthouse of the East”. As a school, it began to function during the first centuries of the Turkish slavery, which, although it did not have a prominent position, was the only one in the whole region. By the time, however, its recognition began, it was renamed “School” and together with the Evangelical School of Smyrna, it was the most important school of its time. In this institute, great teachers of the time, such as Trebizondus Sebastos Kyminitis, Savvas Triantafyllidis, Savvas Konstantinidis, Iraklis Triantaphyllidis, taught in the 17th century and great personalities of the history of Pontus and of Greek history in general studied, such as the Pontius of origin, Ypsilandis. It operated in spite of adversity until 1922. Its contribution was very important in terms of the intellectual and moral rehabilitation of the Hellenic Pontius, the training of competent teachers for the communities there, and especially the development of their national consciousness.

    Trebizond now numbers some 200,000 inhabitants. The technique of silversmithing is known. We were in stores where we were able to watch the special way in which, as if they were knitting and embroidering, craftsmen made sophisticated bracelets, necklaces and earrings with silver. In the streets of the city one can meet textile shops, many groceries with fresh cow butter, kefalotyri and others. (Trebizond is famous for its livestock breeding).

    This wonderful journey was slowly coming to an end. It was time for our pilgrimage to the monastery of the Mother Mary of Mount Mela. Many of us traveled to fulfill a craving, perhaps, a vow to Our Mother Mary, and along the way we experienced the unexpected. In the Matsukas province, in a verdant valley leaking from the Pyxitis River is the Holy Monastery of the Most Holy Soumela. It is covered with dense forest with various types of trees: walnuts, spruce and pine trees, from which the Pyxitis river is named after. Reading a relative article by Archimandrite Pavlos Apostolidis, former abbot of Saint Mary of Soumela of Vermius and nowadays Metropolitan of Drama, we learn: In 386 the monastery was founded by the Athenian priests of Barnabas and Sofronios, after the revelation of the Virgin Mary, which encouraged them to follow Her image On Mount Melas of Trebizond and to establish a monastery. The icon has, according to tradition, been made by Evangelist Loukas. After the Evangelist’s death in Thebes, Ananias’s disciple brought the icon to Athens, to a temple that was destroyed by fire in 1885. The icon of the Athenian Mother Mary flew from the temple and was carried by two angels to Mount Mela. The saints Barnabas and Sofronios followed the picture, arrived in Trebizond and climbed to mount Mela, where they discovered the holy image in a cave. The two founders of the monastery lived until the year 412 and died on the same day. Already, from the very first time of its foundation, the monastery was a great place of pilgrimage for Christians, later for the Muslims of Pontus, for all Asia Minor, Russia, and for the rulers of Moldavia. The emperors of Trebizond, the Komnenoi, showed special reverence for the monastery. Ecumenical Patriarchs secured it’s rights and Ottoman sultans provided donations and secured privileges. In 1923, after the expatriation and desolation of the monastery, manuscripts and sacred relics were seized by the Turks, forbidding the monks to take anything with them. The Turks caused irreparable damage to the monastery’s buildings and frescoes. From the sacred relics, three most important were rescued: the icon of the Virgin Mary, the Cross with the Holy Wood donated to the monastery by the Emperor Manouil III and the Gospel of St. Christopher. During the expatriation the monks buried them in a corner in the chapel of Saint Varvara, near the Monastery, which remains are preserved until today. In 1931 Archimandrite Ambrosios Soumeliotis, in charge of the Fund of Inland Community and Public Benefit Reliefs, found the sacred heirlooms and transferred them to Athens in 1931. By order of the Ecumenical Patriarch they were temporarily placed in the Byzantine Museum. In August 1951, the icon of the Virgin Mary was transferred to Mount Vermius, above the community of Kastania and the foundation stone of the temple was placed, which was completed in 1952. Later, the other two heirlooms were placed in the monastery too: the Holy Cross and the Holy Gospel. In June 2010, the Turkish State authorized the Ecumenical Patriarchate to celebrate the Feast of the Assumption (August 15th) after 87 years, as it has been converted into a museum. The Patriarchal Holy Liturgy was repeated.

    To approach the monastery, we had to board small buses until a certain point and then walk for a while. We were compensated by the wonderful verdant scenery, but especially when, at last, we got to the monastery. Our excitement could not be described and we thanked the Virgin Mary for stepping on those holy grounds and for the wonderful weather we had that day (as mentioned above, the sky in Pontus is usually dull and rainy). We admired the remaining internal and external hagiographies, the surrounding area of the monastery, and we saw with awe the holy water through the giant rock.

    We sat down to rest next to the river and continued our way east of Trebzon. We visited Surmene and climbed the Pontiac Mountains to the Pontiac Serpent (Uzungol). Surprised, we found ourselves in front of a beautiful scenery that reminded of a painting: green mountains surrounded by a river with plenty of water and scattered bridges that ended up in a dream lake. We took great pictures and ate trout in the restaurants there. Several of us, found the opportunity to chat with locals who insist on speaking Pontiac and were photographed with them.
    In the afternoon we returned to Trabzon and from there the following day we would return via Istanbul to Athens. Some took advantage of their long stay in the City and admired all of the attractions they had come to visit.

    The journey had come to an end. Left with the dizziness of our impressions, we were filled with experiences, knowledge and thrills. Following the steps of our ancestors, the streets of the turbulent history, the paths of emotions, we took a fragrance of the east with us and promised that we would not forget the struggles of our ancestors in the name of Hellenism and Orthodoxy. We left behind, at the holy ground of Cappadocia and Pontus a piece of ourselves, perhaps the most true and authentic part and committed to pass on the fullness, satisfaction and happiness that this extraordinary experience of traveling gave us, and perhaps repeat it in the future.

    Speech by Michalis Charalambidis at the Pontiac Genocide monument in Philadelphia, USA

    (Michalis Charalambidis “The Pontiac Issue of Today – The Pontiac Problems in the UN”, STRAVON Publishing, Athens 2005):

    “In our mythical world, Pontus is alive with Prometheus, the Argonauts, Jason, the Amazons. According to the Greek conception of the beginning of the world, it is one of the components of its creation. In our historical world it is alive with Greek cities – Sinope-Amisus – Trabzon – Kerasounta. This Mithridateus Kings of Pontus (Mithridateus the Eupatorium placed a statue of Plato in the Athenian Academy that the great philosopher himself created in Athens). These Komninian Emperors of the kingdom of the Trabzon (1204-1461). These Ypsilanti’s leaders of the Hellenic and Balkan Revolution against the ethnical parasitic feudal regime of the 19th century… For centuries, Pontus was the Economic and Commercial and Cultural Center. Philosopher Diogenes that gave us the word “cosmopolitan”, the Geographer and Historian Stravon, savior of Greek classical literature, of books on Ottoman – Islamic totalitarian barbarism and great father of European and Western civilization Vicario were Pontiacs.

    Pontus was a model of harmonious relationship between the natural, human and architectural landscape. Among the people, the cultures, the humans. This harmony has been violently disturbed by concrete ideologies. This historic cultural core was murdered and thrown into re-development. That was the Turkish conquest, the Sultan regime, the most barbaric regime that Humankind met. The final blow, however, was given by an ideology of death which is represented by Kemalism. Even now, every person of Asia Minor knows about this genocidal lasting racism.

    Pontus today, consists of ruins of churches, monasteries, palaces, government buildings, homes, schools, villages, towns, castles that have been the eclectic creations of the world’s civilization. If they hadn’t been destroyed, they would have been more beautiful than Tuscany, Burgundy, and Andalusia. However, the Sultan Turkish Islam was very different from that of Andalusia, it was barbarous and devastating. In no part of the world do you meet so many destroyed monuments. The Taliban used to exist here from time to time killing people, they were more barbaric and in the past century they had the support of both Europe and the Soviets. An immoral alliance.

    Within these ruins, one can meet the last guardians, the descendants of this civilization, which after the entire racist devastating catastrophes, insist in speaking the closest language to Ancient Greek, spoken today. They are the great inhabited population of the Islamized Christians and even crypto – Pontiacs who remained in Pontus.

    Through the ruins, the melancholic and, at the same time, sweet fiches of young children are revealed and answer to the question: “Who is your mother and father?” They respond as if they were children of Homer’s time. “My mother answers to Aise and my father to Muhammad.” Homer wrote: “The name he answers to is Achilles, Odysseys, and Aiantas.” He does not write: they call him Achilles. The modern Turkish state denounces the existence of this ancient language.

    This was the response of the Turkish representative to the United Nations, Altay Genciger at our intervention towards the Human Rights Committee of the Organization (February 2002) concerning the rights of the Islamized Pontiacs in Pontus today.
    They are killing instead of protecting a language that is a part of the foundation of the World’s Cultural Heritage. The young children in the schools of Trebizond are bullied for their confinement.

    The crime of genocide committed in Pontus from the Young Turks and the Kemalists for eight decades continued, for geopolitical reasons, with the crime of silence. “Turkey should not have been disturbed”. The voices of the survivors, two thirds of the population, were covered. The ones escaping to Russia, after Kemalism met Stalinism in central Asia, the homeland of the Turks. This is one of the great anomalies in history … In the last few decades we have claimed the reunification of our relationship with Mnemosyne by claiming our right to remember. For many decades, for geo-political reasons, our own dead ones have been buried in graves with no names, no monuments, lost in battlefields of the East, Kurdistan, Auschwitz, Mauthausen etc. As all people have endured political violence, we established a memorial day for the Pontiac holocaust on the 19th of May. . . & # 8220.

    Kyriaki Vazdirvanidou-Kostopoulou,
    Judicial Officer-Graduate of the Theological School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens


    Expansión

    Two years later Wm H. Page & Co. had developed and patented three stylistic variations of its original full face design. Patent applications were filed on 27 October 1873 and awarded on 23 December 1873 for Aetna Condensed ( USD 7,074), Aetna X Condensed ( USD 7,073), and Aetna XX Condensed ( USD 7,072). Other American wood type manufacturers also offered this design after Wm Page & Co.’s introduction at least as early as the 1877 Specimens of Vanderburgh, Wells & Co.’s Wood Type, Borders, Rules, &c. The other American wood type manufacturers also used the names Doric and Painter’s Roman as alternatives to the name Aetna with very little variation to the original design. These designs were prominent in poster printing in the last quarter of the nineteenth century, but do not appear to ever have been adopted by the metal type foundries.

    10-Line Streamer Aetna as shown in The Typographic Messenger in 1875.

    12-Line Chromatic Aetna № 4 as shown in Wm H. Page & Co.’s legendary 1874 chromatic specimen book.

    12-Line № 107, an ornamented variation of Aetna as shown in an 1878 specimen book from the Wm H. Page Wood Type Co.

    A range of expanded stylistic variations were introduced in the 1874 Specimens of Chromatic Wood Type, Borders, &c. Manufactured by Wm H. Page & Co., Greenville Conn. that included Aetna Open , Aetna Ornamented , Aetna Ornamented №s 1 , 2 , & 3 , Streamer Aetna , Chromatic Aetna , and Chromatic Aetna №s 1 , 2 , 3 , & 4.


    The trapezoid starts from two points on the goal line, six feet from either side of the net. A line runs from these two points, to the boards behind the net. The distance between each line is 28 feet at the point where the lines intersect with the boards. If the puck is anywhere within these lines, it's considered to be in the restricted area and the goaltender can play it.

    If a goaltender plays the puck outside of the restricted area behind the net, the referee will assess him with a two-minute delay of game penalty. Goaltenders do not have to serve minor penalties however, so another player on the ice will sit out for the duration of the penalty.


    VIEW EVENTS

    Πρόσκληση σχετικά με την τελετή επίδοσης Τιμητικού Τόμου στον Ομότιμο Καθηγητή της Ιατρικής Σχολής Γεώργιο Λ. Πετρίκκο, η οποία θα πραγματοποιηθεί την Πέμπτη, 16 Ιανουαρίου 2020 και ώρα 18.00 στη Μεγάλη Αίθουσα του Πανεπιστημίου Αθηνών (κεντρικό κτήριο, Πανεπιστημίου 30).

    Στο πλαίσιο του Γενικού Κανονισμού Προστασίας Δεδομένων (2016/.

    ΘΑΛΑΣΣΙΕΣ ΖΩΝΕΣ ΣΤΗΝ ΑΝΑΤΟΛΙΚΗ ΜΕΣΟΓΕΙΟ

    Το Κέντρο Ερευνών Δημοσίου Διεθνούς Δικαίου διοργανώνει εκδήλωση για τις θαλάσσιες ζώνες στην Ανατολική Μεσόγειο ενόψει των πρόσφατων εξελίξεων. Πέμπτη, 16.1.2020, Αμφιθεατρο Άλκη Αργυριάδη, ΕΚΠΑ, Κεντρικό κτήριο, Πανεπιστημίου 30.
    Για εγγραφή ακολουθήστε τον σύνδεσμο: https://bit.ly/2ToR2j2

    ΓΕΝΙΚΟ ΣΕΜΙΝΑΡΙΟ - JEAN–PAUL BERRUT

    Ημερομηνία: Πέμπτη 16 Ιανουαρίου 2020
    Ώρα: 13:00
    Αίθουσα: Γ31

    Ομιλητής: Jean–Paul Berrut, University of Fribourg, Switzerland

    Τίτλος: Richardson–Romberg quadrature from equispaced samples of functionswith jumps

    Περίληψη: On the basis of the Euler–Maclaurin formula, the Romberg quadrature method extrapolates trapezoidal values to improve.

    CALL FOR PAPERS

    COLLOQUIUM - International Investment Law & State Capitalism 15 and 16 October 2020 - Athens, Greece

    OPEN LECTURES ABOUT ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI)

    "Drakopoulos" Amphitheater, Panepistimiou 30, Propilaia

    LECTURES OF 2019

    Tuesday, November 12 th 2019, 19:00-21:00

    "AI: From the History of Technology to Technological Policy"


    Sanṭūr

    Nuestros editores revisarán lo que ha enviado y determinarán si deben revisar el artículo.

    Sanṭūr, también deletreado santour o santoor, también llamado santouri, stringed instrument of the hammered dulcimer, or struck zither, family that is found in various forms across southeastern Europe, the Middle East, and South Asia. Related instruments—known by various names, such as the Hungarian cimbalom and the Chinese yangqin—are found in central and western Europe as well as in East Asia. Although the exact provenance of the sanṭūr remains disputed, the instrument is widely believed to have originated in Persia.

    los sanṭūr consists of a flat trapezoidal wooden frame or box, across which are stretched metal strings that are beaten with small wooden hammers or mallets. The strings are usually fastened to metal hooks or pins on the left side of the box and to tuning pegs on the right. Depending on the region and tradition in which the instrument is played, the strings typically range in number from about 72 to more than 100. Most of the strings are tuned in sets, or courses, of three, four, or five strings each. (If not tuned to the same pitch, the strings in a course are tuned in octaves.) Contemporary instruments typically have moveable wooden bridges, arranged in two rows that roughly parallel the right and left sides of the instrument. For the most part, each bridge supports a single course of strings.

    los sanṭūr has been used in a variety of musical contexts across its area of distribution. In Iran, Iraq, Turkey, and Arabia, for instance, it has been part of the classical music tradition. In the Aegean Islands of Greece, it is prominent in folk music. In South Asia the sanṭūr is strongly associated with the Kashmir region of the northwestern Indian subcontinent, where it was traditionally played in Sufi music, typically in a small ensemble with drums and other stringed instruments. In the mid-20th century, Indian sanṭūr virtuoso Shiv Kumar Sharma adapted the instrument to the Hindustani classical tradition and, by extension, to the solo-concert stage. Since that time the sanṭūr frequently has been featured on film sound tracks and in popular-music performances.


    Ver el vídeo: CHRYSANTHOS ΧΡΥΣΑΝΘΟΣ REQUIEM. ΒΥ EL CHRISTO KEMANETZIDIS (Febrero 2023).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos